13 Weeks of Color
For 13 weeks, I dove into the essence of color.
These were the rules I set up for the performance.
Each week, with each of it's colors, was an exploration into what it means to "be" the color itself. I paid attention to the color's influence over my mood as well as how other people interacted with me. Each had its distinct flavor and texture as I navigated through the weeks.
The parameters of the performance are:
1. I wear the color theme of the week as dictated by the class syllabus. If there is no class then i have an off week.
2. wear the theme color of the week from monday through friday, 9am to 5pm, with overtime hours allowed and encouraged.
3. I am allowed to wear one item of clothing that is either black, grey or white accompanying the theme color that predominates my outfit.
4. i will rigidly keep to the theme color as best as i possibly can in all situations that may come up.
5. Some form of photo documentation will be done each day.
6. I have 3 weeks off, week 4, 7, 11. I will either choose to wear "normal" clothing, or continue with the performance on those days.
7. I will advertise the color theme on facebook each week (befriend me on facebook and see the folder if you'd like.
Addendum 1: Red can also be a contrast color with all the other colors, in addition to grey, white and black.